Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Gas Pains?

Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that we were cautioned about the imminent climb of gas prices? I remember hearing about the problems with a pipeline in Alaska, and hearing rumors of skyrocketing prices. I made sure to stop and top off my tank, at $3.12 a gallon, in the hopes of saving a few bucks. Within a couple days, the price had gone down a few cents. As of today, it's as low as $2.17 around here, with the average being a few cents more. What the hell happened? Now they talk about it possibly going below 2 bucks. Not complaining, but wow.

The big issue that comes to mind though, is the lack of complaint from the Loony Left. Not necessarily about lower prices (though that could be an issue with these clowns, since low price=higher consumption. Another example of why I hate liberals- but I digress).

Think about it: there's an election in just over 6 weeks, and the Loonies haven't (to my knowledge) said Word One about Bush manipulating prices for the election. I mean, we all know that Bush controls everything, and especially oil prices (after all, he does everything to help his oil baron friends, right?), so why aren't our Loony friends accusing him of this already? Maybe they're just waiting for the election to get closer, so that Bush will have less time to respond- think of the infamous DUI leak in.... crap, I can't recall which of his (stolen) elections that one came up in.

Anyhow, I guess in the next few weeks, if the price of gas keeps dropping, the Loonies will come out, and launch into yet another conspiracy theory of how the Stupidest Man in History is controlling everything, while putting up a front of incompetence and corruption.

And most likely, The Unenlightened People That Don't Understand will then go out and vote for the conservatives again, thus throwing the MSM into fits of rage.

I can't wait!

No comments: